Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekly Summary

My best mileage week yet!  55 combined miles between the recumbent, the TM, the road, and a mile or 2 from the ellipitcal!  Yesterday I was able to record my longest run since coming back from my foot injury.  I'm getting there!

I am at day 16 of my streak of workouts!  I also worked out 42 days out of the last 44!  Now that impresses me!  LOL

Of course the weather here is now HOT HOT HOT!  I usually don't complain though.  I live in Florida.  How can you complain about living in paradise?  Would it be better for running if the temps were a bit cooler?  Well yes, DUH!  The reality is that it is hot here.  So, you just have to acclimate your body to the hotter temps.  What's key?  Fluids, fluids, fluids!  I posted a few links and one blog post last week on the subject of hydration.  Be sure to check them out when you get a chance.

No race this past Saturday.  My next race is the Gary McAdams' Sandshaker 5K at Pensacola Beach.  Some people call this race the last race of the 'race' year.  There are other races scheduled over the summer though.  Just not as many as during the cooler months.

Here's to a great week ahead and happy running!

No comments: