Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Last Week Summary

Sorry I didn't get this posted earlier.  The school year was coming to an end and I was pretty busy.  Not to mention that my seniors graduated Monday night and one of Abbie's cheerleader coaches graduated Saturday.  I'll really miss this years kids.  I hope all the best for all of them. 

Last week was another great week for workouts!  I had another great mileage week, racking up 46 total miles between running and cycling.  I also started another workout streak and am currently at 10 straight days and 15 out of 16 days.

I went through some serious cramping issues last week also.  I did some research online and asked some of my DM friends for advice.  Between the two, the cramp issue got better.  I basically was dehydrated.  So, I upped the amount of fluid intake including taking in a sport drink an hour before my workout.  I also added a electrolyte replacement supplement. So far, so good!  You can see one of my posts last week on "Summer Supplements". 

I am still struggling with getting up early and running in the AM!  I HAVE to conquer this!  I just don't know if I can.  I still have the alarm set for 5AM.  Only problem is that I simply turn it off and go back to sleep.  I just feel so tired in the mornings.  I have for a few months now.  I wonder if my hard, late afternoon workouts are contributing to me being so damn tired?  I guess it's possible.

No race last week.  The hot season is here which means less races.  My next scheduled race is June 18th.  The Gary McAdams' Sandshaker 5K in Pensacola Beach.

No comments: