Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wild Turkey Trot 5K

Well, this is my first ever blog.  Since I am in to running, I thought I'd use the blog to talk about how things are going for in my running world.  The Seville Quarter Turkey Trot 5K run in downtown Pensacola, Fl. was great.  I didn't PR today, but still did pretty good.  I was hoping to place in my age group, but there seemed to be an awful lot of fast runners in my group today.  These guys keep passing me and I was like, dang that looks like he is in my age group.  That one does too!  LOL  Anyway, all is good.  I ended up placing 6th in my age group out of 19.

One thing I also like to do is to get on the first page of the results.  Today I was the first name on the top of the second page.  Still pretty good.

The after party was great.  They had lots of turkey chili and plenty of free drinks.  Oh and immediately after the race they had plenty of fruit and bagels.




1 comment:

Mindy Bobe said...

Awesome Steve! Welcome to the blogging world! It is addictive lol!