Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jingle Jingle Saturday

Well, today was race day at the beach.  Pensacola Beach that is.  It was the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis 5K/10K.  Temp has dropped big time with this cold front.  Race time temp was 33°!  I don't mind running in the cold.  Actually, it can make the run better.  But when the race is at the beach, it is inevitably windy.  Today was no exception.  With the wind, the cold felt ever COLDER!

Today's race was the 10K.  My second one of this race season.  The race went pretty good.  Didn't feel my best today, but ran hard and strong.  Finished at 51.05.  Not a new PR, but a good run and a good pace.  Not bad considering the weather conditions.  When final results came in, I ended up taking 1st in my age group.  I was 16th overall out of 64 total 10K runners.  Not a big race by no means.

I couldn't help but look at the 5K results.  If I had chosen the 5K over the 10K, I would have taken Grand Masters.  Oh well, such is life.  LOL

I was hoping to meet up with some of my new DM friends, but didn't get a chance to meet any of them.  Maybe next time.

No comments: