Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Surprise Tuesday

I got up and surprised Tuesday today.  Yep, got up at 5 and hit the road.  Running that is.  I usually take Monday and Tuesday off, but when my 'running' alarm (yes I have a special alarm for running) went off, I said what the heck and got up and got dressed. 

I'm glad I did.  It was relatively warm for this time of year.  It was 63°.  But since I would rather run shirtless, it was pretty nice.  I always have a hard time running 'fast' on my non-race days, so I just pushed it a bit harder then usual.

I knew I didn't want to go 4 or 5 miles this morning so I did a shorter 3.5 mile route. To mix it up, I even did the streets backwards from my normal routine.  It's strange how just changing the direction on a run can change the whole thing.  I was like, 'hey, I don't recall seeing that, or that".  Weird!!

Anyway, I came in about 31 minutes.  Honestly, I felt like I was going a tad faster.  But like I said, I always find it hard to run fast on my normal runs.  I remember last year, I ran a virtual 5K after New Years called the "Hangover 5K" and I really had to concentrate to make it feel like a real race!  I don't recall my time, but it wasn't my usual 5K time.  Maybe if I ran with a partner I might be able to run fast on my training days.

Til the next time.

No comments: