Saturday, December 18, 2010

Race Day

Best T-Shirt Ever!
Awesome race at the Flora-Bama Lounge!  This is a 4-mile race out and back.  Today was the 23rd annual race. Weather started out terrible.  Windy, rainy, and COLD!  Thankfully, by 10AM, race time, the rain had stopped.  It was still windy and cold however. The weather kept a lot of people home as the total runners was about half of what they had last year.

I placed 1st in my AG last year so a repeat this year would be sweet.  I at least wanted to beat my time.  Well, I got my wish.  I ran a good race and ended up taking 1st in my AG once again. I bet my time by just under a minute.  This year's time was 30.22.  I was 14th overall.

I have to add that the race shirt this year has to be the sweetest shirt I have received to date for any race.  It is awesome.  My hat is off to the Flora-Bama for putting on this race.  I look forward to running it again next year.

No comments: