Saturday, October 1, 2011

No Time to Blog/Seafood Festival 5k Report

Work has been SO busy these past few weeks, I haven't had the time to dedicate to this blog like I need to.  I'd like to at least post something 2 or 3 times a week.  Between working, working, out, church, class, and now the running club I am about to start, I don't know how I'll have any time to dedicate to this.

None the less, I'll try to at least post my race reports.

That said, my last race was last Saturday.  It was the popular Seafood Festival 5K.  Once again, this race was downtown Pensacola.  There were about 800 runners and walkers.  This year they gave out an awesome black technical shirt.  Best one yet for this race.  Unlike the Semper Fi race the weekend before, this race brought out the speedsters.  The top runner in my AG ran it in a time of 19:11.  That's a pace you'll never see me run.  My time ended up being almost the same as the Semper Fi run, 25:14.  Good enough for 6th of 34 and 136th overall.  Not bad at all.  My goal for today is to break 25.

The temperature was definitely an improvement!  Fall is in the air!

No comments: