Monday, September 12, 2011

9/11 Tribute Run

Yesterday, I dedicated my run to the victims of 9/11 and all those that have given the ultimate price to serve and protect our country.  To the thousands that have come home changed forever, either physically or mentally.  Yesterday I ran for America!

I had planned for months on running 11 miles in honor of 9/11.  I wasn't sure how it would go, but it didn't really matter.  What mattered was that I ran it.  Maybe some walking would be involved, maybe not.  Again, it didn't matter.


I carried a small American flag with me the entire run and proudly waved it at every passing vehicle.  I received many waves and honks!  It made me proud!

I can't tell you how emotional I felt while out there.  So many thoughts went through my head.  I spent 22 years of my life serving this country and I am so proud of our men and women of the armed forces.  They serve with honor and pride!  They serve because they want to!  They serve to protect our nation and our freedoms!

So the next time you pass a soldier, a sailor, a marine, or an airman, take a moment to say thanks!  Thanks for keeping me safe!

God bless the USA!

No comments: