Thursday, November 17, 2011

Update

Been a pretty busy work week so far.  Not much time for blogging. That said, my running and workouts have been going on as usual.  Been at the gym every day this week. Racking up the miles on the bike and the recumbent and my usual 3 to 5 miles on the TM.

I get a lot people commenting about me running on the treadmill when I live in Florida. They think that just because I live here, I should be running outside all the time.  That would be nice if it were always possible.  First, I am still struggling with getting up for early morning runs!  I use to get up at 5 AM every morning and hit the streets.  I just can't make myself do that anymore.  So, I have a routine where I go to the gym every workday after work.  I am able to get my cardio on the bike and the treadmill and also my weight training.  It is just easier.   Yes, I love to run outside and yes, I do it when I can.

No race this coming Saturday.  My family and I will be attending the "Seeds of Hope" community walk at our local college.  It is a walk to bring awareness to suicide.  Some of you may know that we lost a son 2 1/2 years ago to suicide.

No comments: